Synthesism 01 is the first member of a new series of products in the Galbanum Sample Line. The Synthesism series is the harmonic and melodic cousin of the atonal-percussion-based Abstraction series.
Synthesism loops are designed to be mixed with existing drum and percussion loops to symbiotically fill in the rhythmic gaps, provide a tonal melodic identity, and co-formulate futuristic grooves that are more infectious than a viral marketing campaign. Synthesism 01 focuses on chunky negative-space baselines, angular melodic stabs, ill-behaved electro rudeness, oblique synth heretics, minimal polyrhythmic ostinatos, and asymmetric tonal clusters.
Synthesism 01 loop content is produced at native tempos of 128BPM & 106BPM and is designed to effortlessly stretch from 90BPM to 140BPM and beyond to fit all tempo ranges used in current dance, electronic, and urban music sub-genres. Synthesism 01 is particularly suitable for:
• Progressive House, Electro, Tech House, and Techno,
• Experimental Hip Hop, Trip Hop, Glitch Hop, and Dub Step
• Breaks, Electronica, IDM, Synth Pop, and Abstract Rock
• Film Scoring, Game Development, and Sound FX
• and any other cross-genre music style that borrows from these influences
The Synthesism Sample Line is a downloadable series of ultramodern samples, loops, hits, and construction kits provided in industry standard formats including Apple Loops, Acid Loops, AIFF, and WAV.
• All 128BPM loops are designed to be played together with standard 4-to-the-floor Kick-Snare-HiHat patterns. All 106BPM loops are designed to work well with various break grooves. Synthesism loops do not include percussion elements. This allow users to use their own favorite drum samples, or to combine Synthesism loops with other percussion loop libraries such as the Abstraction Line
• All loops are provided without additional auxiliary Reverb or delay effects. This keeps the loops pristinely clean and sharp, enables easy custom slicing and editing, and allows high quality reverb such as Aether and other send effects to be added as needed at the mix stage by the producer to perfectly suit the needs of the given project. The result is more flexibility and better coherence between Synthesism loops and the other additional elements of the project.
• All individual samples are made in stereo and make use of extreme spatial processing techniques at the sample level to produce sounds that literally jump out of the speakers. This produces loops which are very active spatially while keeping perfect silence in-between hits when desired. The result is loops that can cut and punch through even dense mixes without taking up huge amounts of mix space.
iSynth therefore iAm! Synthesism 01 takes creative cues from the Hegelian Dialectic: thesis, antithesis, and synthesis. The thesis is provided by the omnipresent musical norms of popular styles such as the 4-to-the-floor groove of dance music, or the snappy 2-4 snare and syncopated bass drum rhythms of urban music and down-tempo breaks. Synthesism fulfills the philosophic role of the antithesis, rebelling against these norms and filling in the negative space. It leans over the edge of the outer bounds of sensation and perception and delivers all tonal groove elements as tweaked-out performances which set an eccentric and sometimes hyperactive mood that can serve as the impetus for modern electronic music chart-toppers. The synthesis of Synthesism and standard 3rd party drum loops provides a creatively rich array of undiscovered country in which the artist may find his creative identity and personalize his journey with his own unique message. Synthesism serves more chunk than Ben and Jerry's or Cambell's, and is certain to move not only the creative juices in the studio, but also the most stubborn wallflowers at the club!
Electronic musicians, artists, producers, DJs, scoring professionals, multi-media developers, and synthesis/sound-design enthusiasts of all experience levels who are looking for an easy way to escape the sonic banality of the overpopulated "me-too" market and embrace the unexpected will find this collection invaluable.
“Abstraction 04: 5 Stars and Editor's Choice award!”
“Abstraction 03: Found Sound Club Edition Is Like The Results Of A Scavenger Hunt! With the economy in such wretched shape, it's important that we stop importing sounds in from sound producing nations like "Saudio Arabia" and "Turn It Up To Elevenezuela" and start using our own untapped resources -- find sound domestically, so to speak. Galbanum Abstraction 03: Found Sound Club Edition is a sample library that, if implemented, will do all that for $39.95 for a single format and $14.95 for each additional format, meaning it won't be too much of a dent on your deficit.”
“The Abstraction 02 loops are a master class in stutter theory and glitch-music sound design. Ranging from edgy circuit bends and resonant distortions to clangorous metallic tones infused with kinky subwobbles and ear-piercing blips, about half of the loops are abstract mood elements while the rest are glitched-out synthetic drum phrases. All loops are two or four measures long, provided without kick/snare/hat (so you can add your own later) and stretch flawlessly over a wide tempo range due to their highly rhythmic nature. I like that everything is completely dry, allowing you to arrange, and custom slice and chop them without worrying about reverb or delay trails. That also creates a greater coherence between all loops and makes dropping in single hits as augmentation a piece of cake. Abstraction 02 is a gold mine of posh electro-organic grooves and deviant soundscapes that defy labeling and should serve as ample inspiration for any future electronic or urban style.”
“Abstraction 02: 5 Stars and Editor's Choice award!” (Read PDF)
“I have to say... I REALLY like your sampling and sound design sensibilities. I got this stuff late at night but I can already see that your sounds are profoundly inspiring for me. Something to help me jump start my creative processes. I'm bowled over by the amount of rx2 loops that came with each Abstraction package. True playgrounds of sound. Same goes for, incidentally, your Rapture product. I love it...and barely scratched the thinnest fraction of the surface.”
“Well, as I'm already writing, I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your work so far, it seems you always put a lot of thought and precision in it. The Abstraction Loops integrate nicely into Spectrasonics Stylus RMX, and your Piscis Soundset for Rapture is really outstanding. Looking forward for what's to come in your product line.”